We use cloth diapers and have since BeBop McDudley came home from the hospital. I love them! We started just using prefolds (flat diapers). Once BeBop started walking, I started having trouble getting the prefold tight around his legs, resulting in a mess on more than one occasion. I recently started sewing diapers so I could experiment with different styles. I signed up for Diaper Sewing Divas and have learned all I know from the various tutorials and suggestions. Thanks Ladies! I also signed up for a diaper swap this month. A friend in California made a pocket diaper, a mini diaper and a cover for me. She also sent me some fabric that will become a diaper soon. I have no pictures of the pocket diaper because BeBop has immediately pooped in it every time I put it on him. The mini diaper is a little too big so we haven’t used it as a diaper yet, however it has spent some time as a toy:
And the cover:
In return I made a pair of wool shorts for her daughter. I hand dyed the yarn in the crock pot and I am very pleased with how it turned out. The colors are a little off in the picture but is mostly two shades of green with specks of blue and white. The drawstring and flower are navy blue. I used the curly purly waist band (adding an eyelet row after round 7) and the Aubry Doodlepants pattern for the bottom. I used a picot bind off to create a small ruffle. I am very happy with the result.
I used the left over yarn (plus my various wool scraps) to make a set of dryer balls.
I have one more surprise planned that I hope to finish up over the weekend. Thanks for looking.